19 December 2009

LOVE

LOVE

whats today about
too comfortable to fit in and too scared of standing out
but when extreme circumstances play down romances and everything it fancies
i'm left with exactly what you hand me
if I suggest you take it back I have a feeling you won't understand me
so i'll just appreciate it on the shelf admiring its worth like a grammy
bring it out when people come around, you know like family
brag about it tell stories how I can't live without it
when deep deep down i doubt it
but you'll never know it
I have enough pride to win a trophy for showmanship
enough tales to win best storyteller
and enough persistence to get best seller
but this shouldn't change your perception of me
even if it does i'll convince you i'm the person I perceive to be
just believe my words and not my actions and you'll never lose trust in me. Promise.

1 comment: